Kingswood Community Transport is a charity that provides demand-responsive transport for the residents of South Gloucestershire, including Acton Turville, Bitton, Cadbury Heath, Cold Ashton, Downend, Doynton, Dyrham and Hinton, Frenchay, Hanham, Hanham Abbots, Kingswood, Longwell Green, Mangotsfield, Marshfield, Oldland, Pucklechurch, Siston, Staple Hill, Tormarton, Warmley, Wick and Abson.
We play an active part in the community and provide a flexible form of travel which meets the needs of the residents of the area. The services we provide are tailored to our customer needs and we provide accessible vehicles for people who cannot easily use public transport or who are transport-disadvantaged.
We provide the following services
Please note: we will try and accommodate local shopping trips at any time if any of the above regular shopping trips are full. However you do need to ensure
that you give us enough notice.
- Dial-&-Ride: Shopping trips to Broadmead, Yate, The Mall, Kingswood, Staple Hill, Keynsham and Bath. Trips to ASDA, Marks and Spencers, Morrisons and many, many more. Dial-&-Ride also enables people to visit friends and family and lead an active social life;
Regular Shopping Trips:
- Monday: ASDA at Longwell Green. CO-OP and Sainsburys at Kingswood. Sainsburys at Emersons Green.
- Tuesday: CO-OP and Sainsburys at Kingswood. Once a month - The Mall at Cribbs Causeway.
- Wednesday: Morrisons & Tesco at Yate. Cabot Circus.
- Thursday: Sainsburys at Emersons Green. ASDA at Longwell Green.
- Friday: CO-OP and Sainsburys at Kingswood. Boots, Clintons, Marks and Spencer etc. at Longwell Green shops.
- Doctors Shuttle: Trips to Southmead, Blackberry Hill, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Cossham and the Eye Hospital, as well as the many doctors surgeries and dentists within the area, enabling you to keep your appointments;
- Group Hire: We offer transport for all groups within the community - Scouts, youth groups, lunch clubs, Friday Friends Group and many more use this service. We can provide you with a driver or you can use our vehicles with your own drivers, just as long as they are MiDAS accredited (see below). We are keen to extend our offer and engage with groups serving the youth community;
- MiDAS Driver Training: The Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme, a programme which your organisation can join, has been developed to enhance the driving and passenger awareness skill of the many thousands of individuals who drive minibuses in the course of their work or as volunteers.
If you live outside of the areas that we cover, you could try contacting our neighbouring Community Transport Operators:
|Green Community Travel||0845 2410985.|
|Four Towns and Vale Link Community Transport||01454 868529.|
|Bristol Dial-a-Ride||0845 1301875.|
|Bristol Community Transport||0117 9020157.|
Please note: Kingswood Community Transport reserves the right to refuse or defer an application registration or to ask for additional information in support of an application. We also reserve the right to cancel a registration at any time.